Monday, February 1, 2010

Prompt #25, Incorporating type in your embellisments.

Well you all rocked it with the neutral challenge, and it was not an easy one to do. I myself enjoyed doing the neutral prompt, because I find that sometimes I go a bit crazy with color. Its like a cleansing of the palette. I think in the future I will look back on this idea a lot more and use it in my layouts and mini book pages more often!


With that said, we have a winner from prompt #
24, we loved them all, but we could only choose one.



Lauren, we loved this card!!! We have never had a winner who had done a card before, so this was new for us and it came out wonderful using our neutral rule! Please email me at: Thecreativetype@hotmail.com so that I can pass your address along to our sponsor and you can receive that fabulous color kit from Gauche Alchemy.

Now I have a tid bit of bad news. With CHA just passing, and a lot of our fellow scrappers running around at CHA, we do not have a guest designer this round. We also have a few of our typist M.I.A but they will be back next round. Please forgive us!!


Now on to prompt #25, using type on your embellishmen
ts. Whichever way you decide to do, whether you make a piece of a magazine into a flower, or you write all over a tag. Type on your embellishments is the mission!

One lucky winner will receive a $15 dollar gift certificate
to 7 Kids College fund. They offer tons of supplies, paper, stamps, tools for all of you scrapping needs. We also have a guest designing spot up for grabs as well with this prize!! So get to creating.

Now onto the the Creative Type team's creations.


*Danielle*





*Brandy*





*Pam*





*Cynthia*





*Shaina*





*Patty*





*Vanessa*





*Dani*

Ok, be sure to link up by Sunday, February 14th 2pm for your chance to win!!
(like up your projects in the comment section to this post)

23 comments:

Heidi said...

congrats lauren!!!! i've already told you how much i absolutely LOVE that card!!!! woohoo!! this is a very cool new prompt, too. can't wait to play along!

Leah the Orange said...

OMG, LAUREN!! yay! so awesome, girlfriend! the card is even MORE awesome live and in technicolor, folks! :)

congrats!!

Joyce said...

yay to Lauren!!

danilouwho said...

congrats to Lauren - such an awesome card!
Love all the pages gals!!

lauren said...

oh ♥WOW♥!!! i can't believe i won! (& i have to confess the prize is something i was positively *coveting*!) holy moly...i'm pretty sure this is the BEST WEDNESDAY EVER! thank you very VERY much indeed! ♥♥♥

lauren said...

oof-sorry! i totally forgot to say how cool the *NEW* challenge is...and how inspired i am by the DT pages...my head's already buzzing with texty-embellishment ideas!

Tanis said...

SUPER COOL Lauren!
I think I'm gonna bookmark this site...AMAZING layouts and such a great concept :)

Kent said...

Congrats Lauren! Whoever gets that birthday card is one lucky duck!!

lauren said...

i think this is probably the first of SEVERAL cards i will make for this prompt... (i LOVE texty embellies!!!) ...and it's a bit *silly* but kinda fun! please find one textily embellished MONSTA CARD right here! :)

Sara said...

beautiful layouts dt! i am always an admirer of this blog and now i finally got to play! here is my layout: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1615417?nocache=1

i hope you like it...it's for my team's layout to go live next saturday so i will post on my blog and link to ya then :)

thanks for the inspiration!

xoxo
sarabeth

SmilynStef said...

I loved Lauren's card, so I decided to join the fun.

Happiness is a Butterfly

Leah the Orange said...

oh, my head is swimming!

love your samples, Typists! i am, officially, your devoted stalker!

here's my card for the embellies challenge... i may have gotten a teensy bit carried away!

KarenB said...

I love this!! Here's my layout

Anne said...

Here's my layout!

http://ultraviolet-baby.blogspot.com/2010/02/woyww-creative-type.html

Heidi said...

here's mine...the huge heart is stamped repeatedly with words...

http://notbusyenuf.blogspot.com/2010/02/handmade-ninja.html

lenas said...

Wow what a great challenge again. I had so much fun making this LO, I got all messy with ink and glue and gel medium!! Loved it!!
Here's my entry:
http://www.scrapinstyletv.com/portfolio/view_layout.php?layout_id=200263&user_id=17972

Bekka said...

I just finished mine! This was a great challenge! And congrats to Lauren!

http://bekkabess.blogspot.com/2010/02/starred-items.html

Elisa P. said...

well done lauren, that card is magical !!!love the new prompt

Joyce said...

here's mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25086269@N06/4351354411/

Natalie said...

Fabulous DT examples. Love them all. Here's my entry:
http://onescrappydoctor.blogspot.com/2010/02/bit-artsy.html

Michelle said...

Oh, my! What a cool prompt, girls! :)
Loving all of your inspo pages!!

I joined in this challenge for the first time! Eek! it was so fun. :) and how cool would it be to Guest DT for you guys?!

Here's my take on the challenge: http://www.flickr.com/photos/13597444@N03/4355359032/

mandysea said...

Congrats to Lauren!!! Its gorgeous!

Loved playing along with this prompt!!!

http://teacupofscrapisms.blogspot.com/2010/02/big-sigh.html

robinlgiles said...

i had so.much.fun again this time around!

here's my page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/46880961@N07/4356424771/

thanks!! :)
robinaubin.