Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Guest designer; Giovanna

July's special guest designer is Gigi from down under in Australia.  We loved her June Creative Type entry with all it's decoupaging and thick layers, so we asked her to join us for July's prompt, my nest.  We absolutely love what she did! And here's a little on her...
Hi!!
My name is Giovanna and I live in Australia with my husband and 2 boys. A friend introduced me to scrapbooking back in 2004 and I’ve kinda de-volved to my first love of hand-lettering and mixed media on my layouts.
Outside of being a full-time Super Mum, I enjoy my weekly Pilates class, my recently neglected treadmill and staying in touch with friends over coffee or a movie or dinner. A simple, uncomplicated life these days.
I’m inspired by other artists and scrapbookers and the natural environment. I also look to magazines and billboards for colour combinations and design tips. Although I may not physically DO something each day, I’m always thinking how I can incorporate different elements into my work.
I thank The Creative Type for the opportunity to show you all what I’ve done with this month’s prompt. I hope it will inspire you and to have faith in your own ability to do something a little different.
I hope you will come visit me at my blog

and her My Nest is awesome, right??


Team B's layouts will be up in the next few days, so please check back.  Also, we have a new Flickr Creative Type group for you to upload those layouts into here. We need you to go join as a member first, so please go join! So get on it and let us see all your lovely craftiness!! Happy Summer!

1 comment:

Giovanna Scott said...

Hi TCT peeps. Thanks for the gig and look forward to seeing your challenges this month!