Friday, August 22, 2008

some more inspo

Hey everyone.

It's April, I have to say I am so excited to be part of this great team. I have always loved challenge blogs, anytime I am in a creativity funk they are the best thing to get my mind spinning with ideas. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with, if you haven't already go check out the flickr group ~ the creative type . I am loving all the awesome work over there.


Now for my poster, I used this for my inspiration:

I love the look of this poster especially all that lovely type. Here is my take on it:



For this I went completely digital, I still love my paper crafting best but it's fun to mix things up a little bit. I took the picture of myself and cut out the background, then I did a gradual softening of the edges to help it blend into the poster background. Next I picked out my lovely type, I choose more "fun" fonts for most of this to reflect my personality. I hope this helps give a little inspo to everyone.


Also I stumbled upon this site today called ~ Ork Posters, they make awesome typographic posters of different cities. You have to check them out:



I hope everyone has a great weekend & remember to upload your projects no later than September 6th.



xo, April



10 comments:

Wendy said...

i'm completely blown by your talent girlie! love the poster and your interpretation is super cool! great job! i'm dyingggggg to get home & play myself! i'll return home from europe on sep 22nd and then i can play again in my studio! :-) again, super work!!!

Unknown said...

hey April-I LOVE that poster-it was one I had on my short list. Your take on it is just beautiful!!

Louise said...

Oooh April, So gorge!

Sandy said...

april you took my inspo!!! well great minds think alike - that was the poster i was gonna do! lol. don't worry thought i haven't started it yet! i love yours - i turned out fab! i love that web-site too - thanks dude! (-:

april said...

I'm so sorry Sandy, you could still do that one if you wanted to. I hope I didn't mess up your plans. That's funny that 3 us were thinking about the same poster!

Shaina Longstreet said...

i ADORE what you came up with. that picture of you is sooo cute! great job. :)

Danyeela said...

so great - makes me wanna start right now doing this task!

jen geigley said...

wow, those city posters are RAD, and great job on your digi-page!

Kent said...

Super cool! Great digi work!

Paz said...

I saw those posters as well, and thought about eventually posting about them on here. Great minds think alike:) You beat me to it.

Love your take on the prompt!!!!